Thread: LDN Help
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 03:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
I consistently give good press to ketamine. But also routinely suggest gabapentin, nortriptyline, mirror therapy, aqua PT, PEA Pure, Physical Medicine and rehabilitation and peripheral nerve consults.

None of us push much for invasive treatments such as blocks or SCS or DRG stimulators. However, when members ask about or plan to pursue them we try to chime in with info encountered and emotional support for their treatment journey.
That's why I think it's important to talk about all of it, to give someone options and *perspective*, even if they're "focused" on one thing. Which is not what was happening in this thread, so far.

Quote:
As for CRPS being "very" disabling. There is that possibility for sure, but the statistics support improvement in the majority of cases. I fully agree it is a difficult disease but I hope sharing our knowledge with each other helps us all achieve the best possible outcome.
I know a few people for who the disease was with them for the rest of their lives, and that is a handicap in and of itself.

For me it is very disabling, yes. I have it in 4 limbs. I mean... 2 are totaled and beyond repair, and for 2 help was in time and treatment was successful (but I still need to be careful and alert *every single day* as treatment goes on).

BTW, BioBased, thank you for the info on LDN!
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote