Thread: pre-diagnosis
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 08:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Cleveland Clinic Visit last week did not seem very promising for many answers. It was typical neurological visit. test standard reflexes, take history. Said CN4 Palsy was not typical for MG, the negative anti-bodies blood test. So he was not sure. We re-did blood tests, added anti-musk even though he said anti-musk is only african-women. Added single fiber EMG. to make 100% it was not MG. Was told I would have to wait 53 days for a single Fiber EMG. end of November.

October 10th today (5 days, not 53).. I had the Single Fiber EMG on the Orbicularis Oculi at CCF. The Muscle was fatigued badly about 3/4 of the way through the test, was told he had enough data, asked if I had any Botox, etc.. would let my neurologist know this evening. Waiting on test results. No idea what that means. I know towards the end, I was sqeezing my eye closed much harder, and it was jittering I was struggling, not tired or sore, just more difficult. But that could just mean what frequency he was on at the time.

Inability to smile seems to be genetic, my brother can not smile either, nor my son. Maybe I am smiling, or recruiting, just the corners of my mouth just do not go up. 23andme genetic test sent out in the mail today.
rMuD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote