Thread: LDN Help
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 08:46 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatagraves View Post
I want to start taking low dose naltrexone for my crps. I am pretty nervous and have a few questions before I start it. My first question is did it make anyone worse? I am trying to take back my life and am very nervous about anything getting worse then it already is. My second question is how did you guys get it? Did you get through your doctor or online? Prescription or no prescription? I believe i have read you have to get it compounded and I know some labs are better than others. So if anyone just has any recommendations on how to acquire this and if I should even bother then I'd be very thankful.
My doctor suggested LDN and I agreed to try it. The first dose was very low and there were no side effects during this first month of treatment. Unfortunately, I developed some nasty gastrointestinal side effects when he titrated up to the next level and I had to stop taking it. I saw no improvement, but the dose was so low that I am not sure that improvement would be expected at that level. It did not make my CRPS worse, but again it was a very low dose. I am very sensitive to many drugs, but I will give new ones a chance because sometimes I can tolerate them.

My doctor prescribed this through a compounding pharmacy. Some compounding pharmacies have been under scrutiny for improper practices, so if you find one, I would google it and see if any warning flags popup. Perhaps someone knows a better way of checking out a pharmacy than simply googling them.

I personally would avoid buying this online especially if no prescription is needed.

Good luck with your search for the meds that will work for you.

Shay
Shay08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (10-11-2016), PurpleFoot721 (10-10-2016)