View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 02:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 246 days sober

424 since a bender Gerry. Both counts are important to him particularly in the lead up to going home where he has an alcoholic sister who has lapsed and a family who don't really understand alcoholism as a problem. The village where they come from is rife with it. I totally get his worries, but, seeing his dad is so important in more ways than I can explain. There is a good chance he will learn many sorry truths when home this time. Sobriety will make them hard to hear - if he has the courage to go there. I have mixed feelings about it all, he wants/needs to know the truth, I'm just not sure this time home is the time to learn it. His dad is not the best and digging up stuff 40 to 50 years old may hurt them both. Learning the truth may help heal old wounds and allow him to move on, or it could trigger an unwanted lapse encouraged by his siblings. Either way, I will be here when he gets home and we will deal with what ever comes as we always do.
ger715 (10-13-2016), PurpleFoot721 (10-13-2016)