View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 08:36 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Way to go Bud

Your post was encouraging. I am also in vision therapy at an amazing facility. The doctors and therapists understand when I stammer, forget simple instructions and bumble around their office. Readers should seek out eye doctor's who specialize in head trauma. I've been in vision pt for almost a year. There has been some improvement in my visual field, but not much progress on convergence and multiple images. Remember that it may not be your vision that is affected by pcs. Instead, it may be the way your brain processes visual cues.

Last month marked two years out from my debilitating tbi resulting from a vehicle accident. It saddens me when I read entries by other people on this forum. I'm having trouble seeing the bright side. I lost my career last December. My days are filled with doctor appointments, therapy and sleep. I have a fantastic support group headed by my wife of 29 years. I currently am unable to drive, so she takes time from work to shuttle me around to appointments. I feel like an anchor, holding her down. I've been imaged and tested to within an inch of my life. My medicine cabinetry can rival any pharmacy.. I'm desperately waiting for some improvement. I have so much more to do. Migraines are the worst. Driving anxiety and ptsd hinder my ability to travel. I'm currently on several Triptans, seizure medication, and several antidepressants. I'm not able to articulate any real side effects and am dependant on others to judge efficacy of any treatments. It has taken me almost two hours to write this entry. I am somewha encouraged by what I read here, and hold out hope for some progress.h
Buffalo boy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote