View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 04:48 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Exclamation Social Security Disability Payment Center Delays? Where to turn?

I am new here. I am turning anywhere to get help. I live in Montana. I understand the processing goes through local offices, thus I posted that. I have been disabled since a fall at work in January of 2006. I was involved in legal matters until 2010. I received a negotiated settlement on my claim. At that time I filed for Disability and got approved on first try. They required an FCE. That may have helped. At the beginning, my payments were offset due to the settlement. The offset ran out as of March of this year, 2016. I was supposed to be receiving full benefits then. I was told they had all information they needed and that it was in the processing center for full auto deposit payments. As I have been getting my offset payments. The very last date the local office told me I would be receiving payments, including back payments, would be October. It is October 13th, I usually receive payments on the second Wednesday of each month. I checked today and not only has my payment not went in with the full amount, I have not received any payments last month, or this month. All my local office will do is leave message with the processing center to call me or send me a letter stating any updates or outcomes to my claim.This has been done for months, with no contact from them. The local people are as frustrated as I am. They all know me now. When I call, they even question why it has not gone through. They tell me "All I can do is leave them a message."

What do I do? I go from offset, to waiting for full amount for months now, to no payments at all. All with no contact from the processing center. Is there no way to talk to someone there? They tell me here no. I have to go through the middle man. What do I do? Get an attorney? I have no money. I cannot work. My wife is disabled. We are taking donations and relying on Montana SNAP assistance/food cards. Please. I feel in my situation, I should be fast tracked. I have -0- income. Someone please help. I am pulling my hair out in tears. Someone please tell me what to do. Thank you and God bless.
Chip Baker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote