View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 05:43 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I'd be interested in knowing which type you tried. Supposedly, like marijuana, different types are good for different things. Just like so many other people when I heard about the DEA ban I finally decided to try it. I got online but all the vendors that had been recommended were out of stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PN View Post
Its been about 2 weeks since I received my first shipment of kratom so I wanted to share my experience.

First of all the impending DEA ban on kratom which was scheduled for October 1, 2017 has been postponed. A brief synopsis regarding that: They wanted to classify kratom as a schedule 1 substance which puts it inline with Heroin and MDMA as "dangerous drugs with no accepted medical use."

Ironically this just turned into a big time advertisement and many people who never heard of Kratom became curious and wanted to experiment. Couple that in with vendors trying to dump supply at discounts last minute and you have a whole new population of Kratom users.

I've tried countless prescription/non prescription drugs and supplements many of which had no affect on my symptoms so I was cautiously optimistic about trying Kratom.

Let me preface my stating that the following is my experience with Kratom and everybody will have their own unique interaction with the substance.

Low doses of Kratom (1-2 grams) felt like a "caffeine like buzz." No noticeable pain relief but I experienced a mildly jittery energy boost. Some people are able to use it for anxiety but I found it made me a little more anxious.

Moderate doses (3-5 grams) is where I began to feel pain relief. Kratom acts on opiod receptors and I'd compare the feeling to taking a low dose Vicodin/Norco. Pain was reduced 1-2 points on the 10 point scale, however all the side effects such as nausea and dizziness began to present.

Higher doses (5-7 grams) took on a form of sedation. Pain dropped 2-3 points, however I became very drowsy and "high" and wouldn't want to try to function in ways that required concentration or coordination.

Would I recommend Kratom. Absolutely. What do you have to loose? Maybe you spend $50 and it's not something that works for you. If you're like me money is not an issue when it comes to pain relief that will increase your quality of life.

I took 5 grams about 2 hours ago and it has definitely taken the edge of of my pain. At the same time it has left me at a loss for words at times trying to type this. It's not a miracle and it's not without it's drawbacks, but I'm glad I have it as a tool for coping under the right circumstances.

I'd be happy to answer any question either on this thread or through a PM. The only thing I won't do is post info about vendors on this thread. I don't want to take responsibility or promote any online vendors. Hope this is helpful.
tnthomas (10-14-2016)