View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 05:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I see. Thinking back, I've heard you say things along those lines, at least I seem to remember discussions about hormonal and gut issues. Are you still searching for the cause? It's interesting that there's been no progression.

Looks like an pretty decent set of bacterial strains. Some of them are in the custom one I ordered. Do you find you get some benefit from it?

I've even considered FMT, so I'd be lying if I said the uBiome test doesn't interest me. Thanks for mentioning it. I'd never heard of it. What do you find questionable about it. I looked at it quickly, and I wasn't sure what the results will reveal other than note the strains (at least some of them?) in a person's gut. I wonder if there are better tests. I had heard that such tests, or to be more precise tests done through labs are upwards of $400-500. Perhaps those are different tests. I'm going to look into this some more. Thank you again for bringing it to my attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janieg View Post
I actually don't think the cause of my neuropathy is related to glucose issues. I'm sure the glucose spikes weren't helping at all, and if any good has come from this "adventure," it's that I may have staved off an eventual diabetes diagnosis. I think my cause is hormonal, spinal or gut-related. I had issues in all three areas right before onset.

I take this probiotic:

Amazon.com: Jarrow Formulas Jarro-Dophilus EPS, Supports Intestinal Function and Health, 12 Veggie Capsules: Health & Personal Care

I had contemplated taking the uBiome test or one like it, but they seem to still be a little questionable result-wise. I haven't looked into them lately, though.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote