View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 12:52 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Yes, Greenies is a brand here. Weezie likes them, but Maya...eh, not so much.

Today hubby went grocery shopping at our local Kroger's and picked up a pack of salmon flavor Sheba's feline sticks.
This flavor was much more popular than the chicken.

I use a small treat to reward Weezie when she comes inside
when we want/call her. Approaching storms, danger, or her regular
4pm time to come in. I can give just a pinch off a stick now and not really so much to contribute to weight gain. Weezie tends to putting on weight easily. These sticks have Taurine added, which I like for them too. Cats cannot make taurine themselves, and rely on food (mice are high for example), and not all cat treats have taurine in them. Greenies do have taurine but some others do now. Usually in the US there is a warning on treats, saying not designed for volume feeding and that means no taurine in them.

I just hope with time, that no recalls start to show up with these Sheba sticks. Our pet food industry has been plagued with woes and recalls and pet deaths, the past 10 years or so.

Maya's main fave treat however remains shrimp. One of our past cats like whipped cream. (we called it chooka, as that is what she responded to-- the shaking of the aerosol can.
I even hid ground up medications, in it when necessary!
Oreo must have been given this in her birth home..We didn't teach her that. She pulled a dish over to herself the first Thanksgiving she was with us as a 12 wk old kitten. That was her way of telling us she wanted some! LOL

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (10-17-2016)