View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 12:54 AM
anon122822

anon122822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryguy View Post
Hey Billbobby, Thanks for your response! 30g/day (with 15g tyrosine) was the highest with 11g used to get a decent night's sleep. The rest was taken in 3/4 divided doses throughout the day that pretty much put me on my back. There have rarely been "on' times including once when I found the holy grail over the Summer only to have it fade after about 1 1/2 hours not to return. Took nothing today, and am going to give it a try without the 11g night dose.. It is a pill stop, but well see.. most recently (which led to the current pill stop) I was at 24.5g mucuna D5.. with the tyrosine, neuroreplete, b6, and cysrepletes.. Any insight? Thinking about another practitioner.. it has been 6 months. Thanks so much...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
What doctor are you working with? When you say you found the "holy grail" was this during a pill stop? If so, what dosage were you on that you did the pill stop that gave you this period of symptomatic relief? Also, when you are doing these pill stops are you making sure to take Zero Mucuna for at least 2 days? It is a complete halt of taking any Mucuna. Also, do you have any side effects like nausea from taking the Mucuna? The highest amount of Mucuna a person has been on is 52.5 g according to this: Parkinson’s disease managing reversible neurodegeneration . So in my opinion based on that sensation you had of symptomatic relief likely means you are overdosed with the Mucuna. But if lets say that is not the case, there is still quite a bit of raising of the Mucuna to be done to reach the highest amount seen before.

The fact that you said you found the holy grail of symptomatic relief at one point for a short period of time gives me the indication that you did a pill stop which is to identify a pill over dosage. So for instance the pills are normally increased in the form of 6, 12, 18, 24, 32, 40, 48, 56, etc. So on each of these dosing values you do a 2 day pill stop which decreases the systematic concentrations throughout the jumped range. For instance if do a pill stop on 48 pills you are trying to make sure that you didn't over jump from 40 to 48. So if you feel significantly better on the pill stop you identify that the dosage needed for symptomatic control is between 40 and 48 pills for example.

With the doctor situation, it would not surprise me if the doctor you are working with is not fully educated in how to treat a parkinsons patient. I have been looking into this protocol and researching as well as having personal experiences with doctors to know that there are very few who truly know what they are doing. I think it gives this protocol a bad name in a sense because patients will get hooked up with doctors who have little education in how to use this, get no results, then think that the entirety of it is a scam. In my opinion there are probably less than maybe 20 doctors in the world who really know what they are doing. There could be more that just don't have a internet presence so I just am not aware them, too. But the point i'm trying to make is this protocol in general will not work if you don't have a doctor that knows how to properly do it. Like i'm not even a doctor trained in this, have only read everything i can find online and I identified the clinical implications of that period of symptomatic relief quite quickly because someone who knows what they are doing would easily recognize it too. Ok sorry for the rambling haha.

Also, remember that just because you have had all this time of no symptomatic relief does not mean it will not come. There are 2 kinds of patients. One kind gradually improves as the amino acid dosage changes are being made. Think of them like a dimmer light switch slowly getting turned on. The other kind gets an abrupt symptomatic relief only when the correct dosage of amino acids and in parkinsons mainly L-dopa is achieved. For instance in this paper of theirs they document a patient that on 90 pills a day had all symptoms of Parkinsons disease present. When this patient decreased the dosage by just 1 pill to 89, virtually all symptoms were relieved. So just a 120 mg change in L-dopa either too high or too low can cause the exact same clinical symptoms for some people. His website is down for maintenance right now it seems so I can't provide a source. Here is source to their Parkinsons Unifcation paper that goes into more detail on everything though: Parkinson’s disease managing reversible neurodegeneration

If you have any questions about anything let me know!

Last edited by anon122822; 10-17-2016 at 06:42 AM.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
engsec (10-17-2016), hercules957 (10-17-2016)