Thread: Sleep Advice
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 01:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

When I go to sleep, I am pretty good about clearing my mind and putting aside thinking about work that needs to get done and rationalize anything that might be stressing me at the time. If I find myself not being able to sleep it is usually because of the energy I seem to get sometimes before bed or some minor noises my roommates might make, and my mind can get caught up in that frustration of having all that energy exactly when I should be tired. As far as music, it's likely not the most relaxing, but it does occupy my mind. I try to cut any stimulation before bed as I have noticed the more I overstimulate before bed the harder it is to sleep. I might engage in some conversation, but I am not a big TV watcher and rarely read for leisure just due to having to read so much through out the day. I always have a carb like a bowl of cereal before bed as well.

One thing I noticed was that when I wake up in the early morning or night my eyes will often be jumpy and moving around, if I consciously keep them steady I seem to get back to sleep faster.
ConcussedEngineer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote