View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 12:27 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default CRPS Foot/Ankle & Nevro HF10 SCS

Hi, I have CRPS in my left foot and ankle resulting from multiple surgeries. My symptoms are burning toes and top of foot as well as deep crippling ache in my heel and ankle. I wrecked my other ankle and ended up requiring surgeries and the CRPS spread. I trailed a Medtronic stimulator a few years ago and was unable to get relief or the buzzing down into my toes. I just finished trailing the Nevro HF10 stimulator and have decided to go forward with the full implant.

Has anyone else with CRPS in feet/ankles had success?

We attempted to change my pain medication about three weeks before the trial due to some side effects I was having. Unfortunately, no other medicine worked and I wasn't able to get back onto my original meds until the same week as the trial. This made it very difficult to determine whether the relief was from the meds or the SCS. I was hoping that I would have an immediate return of discomfort after the trial but it didn't happen. Instead, it was a slow return but more importantly, I realized that during my trial, I was able to get up and move without the constant discomfort (different from pain) that I always have but don't really think about. The SCS did seem to lessen the burning but I expected it to be more of a black and white shut off of symptoms. Instead, it was almost a reduction at the subconscious level.

Does this make sense to anyone?

I really hope I'm making the right decision.

Thank you!
Lurchy22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (10-23-2016), LovesTerriers (10-28-2016), PamelaJune (10-20-2016), St George 2013 (10-19-2016)