View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 05:13 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thannks mrsD and Jo*mar for the reply, hopefully I answer your questions, and will also research statins, low level therapy and Ultrasound.

- Regarding Aspercreme, I apply to my wrist, palm, and a little on the index finger, and agree it does help.
- Cold compress on wrist, don't know why I didn't think of this before , and started last night. It does provide relief even if temporary. But relief is relief.
- I do use night splint/brace, it helps some but it does put a little pressure on the palm scar
- Have not tried the warm water with Epsom salt, and will
- Have been to 4 surgeons and none will operate on my palm, they say it is too delicate/complex of an area, and I could end up with scar tissue again.

Following are my thoughts, as he pain has slowly gotten worse since Jan.
- Will decide on Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel surgery, this way the palm will not have that long scar. If that doesn't work, either continue to look for a surgeon to operate on Palm, or I end up taking nerve pain medicine the rest of my life for the palm, index & long finger

Thanks for the replies.

All the best,

Bob
- No pain for 5 1/2 years
- starting Jan. 2016 right index & long finger tingling,
numbness, burning, pins-n-needles
- Pain more prevalent at night
- Starting end of Feb, tingling in right wrist and forearm, usually once or twice a day for 30 min. or so

Taking
Daily - Aspercreme with 4% Lidocaine
Daily - Gabapentin 300mg bedtime, and every other day an additional 300mg Gabapentin
Daily - Atorvastatin for high cholesterol
Daily - Multi vitamins
Daily - Aspirin regime 81mg
Every once in awhile for pain take Tramadol
If anxiety, take Diazapam
bestbob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote