View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 05:31 AM
anon122822

anon122822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryguy View Post
Working (?) with Dr. Enescu in NJ. I have never been on a real pill stop because I have been unwilling to forgo my 11g D5 mucuna at night that gets me to sleep. Without it is complete insomnia, and I cannot function which is to say take care of my kids - especially in the morning. The holy Grail happened when I was on 10 g mucuna/day (with the 15g tyrosine etc) and after I drank A lot of water. Same thing happened a few weeks ago. I get no nausea from Mucuna, though there used to be early on. I get no guidance from this doctor. I have to beg him for the urine reports and it didn't even seem like he used them for dosage adjustments. Also, I do not use pills of mucuna D5 - only powder. Every morning I mix the dosage into 12oz of water as my delivery system and drink two oz every two hours. SO when you do the math on a 12 g per day mix, I intake 2 g every two hours. In this concoction is also the 15 g tyrosine - and I take vitamin B6 (100g 3x/day), the cysrepletes (6 caps/day) and 2 neurorepletes/day. I came across this "juice" idea from Dr. Stein's website. Otherwise I was measuring powder, putting in my mouth and chasing it down with water.. I just did not know better, especially since the D5 mucuna oxidizes easily. Thanks so much for your help and the links! I will check them out. I should not feel so alone in this process, but I do. Looking for another practitioner! I must see this through..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Based on what you are saying with having to beg your doctor just to get the results from the urine tests as well as his lack of general guidance indicates to me it is essential for you to switch doctors if you want to have success with this. I personally work with Dr. Chad Oler who does over the phone or over skype consults to anyone in the United States. Based on my personal experience with him I can vouch for him knowing what he is doing and is in regular contact with Dr. Hinz. He is very thorough and listens to what I say and is receptive to my thoughts on what is going on. You can contact him at Contact Us | Natural Path Health Center . If you are interested in further pursuing this.

With the pill stops, I am sorry to say that a big factor for why this hasn't worked for you is likely your unwillingness to do a real pill stop where you do not take any Mucuna at all for 2 days. When you say you were on the 10 g of Mucuna and had the period of symptomatic relief, were you only on 10 g or is this not including the 11 g before bed? Unfortunately if you want to have success with doing this, you will really need to commit to doing the complete pill stops for 2 days. If you are unwilling to do this, I understand, but you very likely will not find success with this treatment method. The way I think of it is this: Those 2 days where maybe you can't sleep will definitely suck, BUT you have to think about why you are doing it. In the short term it might suck but to get yourself through it just think about the long term benefit. A few months of having a few nights a week of little sleep I would think is worth the long term prospect of symptomatic elimination and stabilization. Also with this protocol if you get fully stabilized it can halt any further progression or greatly reduce it. So this will just be something you have to decide for yourself I guess!

A thought I just had is in the short term, if you really can not sleep while not taking any Mucuna, it could be beneficial to take a mild sleep medication for help on the nights of the pill stop. I am almost entirely against sleep medications, but in your case you would only be using it short term once or twice a week if the insomnia is really severe and only for a few months until you are stabilized. It might be worth looking into.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote