Thread: Prednisone hell
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 09:23 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Prednisone hell

Last week I was having difficulty breathing worse than my usual dysautonimia shortness of breath problems. My albuterol pump did nothing. I went to my allergist/immunologist and she did a PFT and said I needed a 5 day course of prednisone and a symbicort inhaler and possibly singulair.
I told her that 2 years ago, I tried prednisone for my herniated discs and by the third day I was a shaking burning mess. I have chronic gastritis. She said she would only give me 20 mg a day and to take with 2 zantacs and food. The first day I was fine and by that evening my breathing had opened up. By the second night I was up the entire night through with severe burning of my stomach, mucus pumping up my throat, burping, shaking, racing.... felt like I was losing my mind! It was terrible. I had to stay in bed all day and could barely eat or deal with anything. She said not to take it anymore but to continue the symbicort and add the singulair. Not only did the steroid shred my gut apart, but I have a continuous crawling sensation on my shin that I haven't experienced before. This really stirred my nerve damage and my stomach is still absolutely terrible. The pressure coming up from my mid abdomen feels like it will blow my head off even with the max dose of zantac. Any hopes of using prednisone for my "autoimmune" disease is over. I think it would kill me. I thought maybe if I protected my stomach there would be a dual benefit of calming the asthma and my nerve problems. Maybe its not autoimmune then?
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
madisongrrl (10-18-2016)