View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 12:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Thanks

Thanks kiwi33 and mrsD for the feedback.

@kiwi33 - I will look into the Therapeutuc Ultrasound, as I also have read articles with positive results.

@mrsD - Holy Cow, thumbs up to you for what you have been dealing with for many years. My main take away in reading your appreciative comments is, it's probably too risky to have any surgery done on my palm, which is what 4 surgeons have told me. So now I look for pain relief vs pain resolution. It was interesting to read what Aspercreme did for you, maybe I will be as lucky. I do have a Futuro wrist splint, and because it goes around my palm and if I wear it too long it aggravates the scar and causes a bit more pain in the palm.

What's been happening lately is, and welcome comments, because this is considered chronic pain now, every once in awhile my emotions take a turn for the worse and I have some anxiety attacks. I get overwhelmed and feel helpless, which then makes matter worse. So I look to the doctor for anxiety AND pain management, hence the Cymbalta which did NOT work. I really don't want to take any medicine, but it seems I need to resolve myself to the fact and own up to it.Lyrica (for nerve pain not anxiety) was discussed with me, but that seems more for Fibromyalga vs what I have. Again, welcome comments on this point.

Last point, my wrist pain has become more frequent, and I may discuss getting Carpal Tunnel Surgery via Endoscopic, vs open surgery which potentially will end up with more scar tissue in the hand. Maybe it will releive some of the pain, TBD.

Thanks all for your replies.

All the best!

Bob
- No pain for 5 1/2 years
- starting Jan. 2016 right index & long finger tingling,
numbness, burning, pins-n-needles
- Pain more prevalent at night
- Starting end of Feb, tingling in right wrist and forearm, usually once or twice a day for 30 min. or so

Taking
Daily - Aspercreme with 4% Lidocaine
Daily - Gabapentin 300mg bedtime, and every other day an additional 300mg Gabapentin
Daily - Atorvastatin for high cholesterol
Daily - Multi vitamins
Daily - Aspirin regime 81mg
Every once in awhile for pain take Tramadol
If anxiety, take Diazapam
bestbob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (10-19-2016)