View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 05:11 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi K,

We have a member who receives inpatient ketamine infusions. She gets a low dose "awake" sub-anesthetic technique that might not necessarily require ICU, I'm not sure of her level of care. She posted a video of her inpatient infusion in which she very eloquently explains everything going on. Her ability to do that is based on the low dose of ketamine she receives. Here's her video.

Ketamine Booster Video Blog for CRPS

I am wondering, do you need to be in ICU because you'll be on high doses and need potential breathing support? Or because of the need of constant monitoring? "Inpatient" could mean different things as far as the dose being given. What Inspiretoday gets looks very do-able. A higher (anesthetic) dose over several days would carry high risks.

I am not trying to dissuade you from treatment that you and your doctor think best. I myself get outpatient ketamine infusions and have had good results. I just want you to be informed about how much medication you'd be getting, what is involved and what the risks are. I am attaching a summary about ketamine treatment options from RSDSA which goes into the different techniques. There might be protocols that would be less intensive and still allow you to see if ketamine works and is tolerable for you.

Ketamine and CRPS or RSD - American RSDHope

I hope you find relief soon!
Sending hugs and thoughts of healing,

Shine Your Bright Light

Last edited by Littlepaw; 10-19-2016 at 07:45 PM.
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kservello (10-30-2016), PurpleFoot721 (10-19-2016), Shay08 (10-21-2016)