View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 08:04 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Thanks Kiwi...you beat me to it! LOL

Taurine has been in the body building community for quite a while now.

I raised my taurine to 1000mg each moring from my old dose of 500mg daily.

It was at the 1000mg that my loud tinnitus responded. That link says 1.5gr to 3 gr daily.

I have some vertigo in my left ear, which comes and goes.
In the 70's I had some neurological testing for my left ear and the verdict was that the nerve was damaged either from measles(in childhood) or from a blow to the head in the past.

I am using Puritan's pride, as that is quite inexpensive. 1000mg tablets, which I sometimes break in half. I am moving up to 1500 mg every other day to see if I can get the last little bit of tinnitus which is quite minor now.

Since antiseizure drugs are sometimes used for chronic pain management, the taurine is worth a try for PN IMO.

The Life Extension article also suggests improvements in glucose utilization, which is also a plus for PNers.

Here is another discussion about taurine from our Trigeminal neuralgia forum:
Taurine

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
madisongrrl (10-20-2016)