View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 03:05 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
David, and others, I take my taurine in the morning. If I forget it, then around lunch time. I have no side effects, or problems with it.

This link seems to suggest at maximum of 3 grams a day.
It also goes into more detail about the studies of taurine supplementation.

Taurine - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

I didn't get obvious results on my tinnitus at 500mg a day.
I used that dose in monthly pulses daily when I had gall bladder symptoms. But at 1000mg a day, within a week there was a marked reduction in tinnitus.

I do think you need to take it everyday, or risk sliding back to what you had before the taurine.

I am not finding definitive advice about taking it with food.
Since it doesn't seem to bother me I do take it on an empty stomach or a light meal.
Thanks so much MrsD. Can you tell me if taking Taurine would conflict with any other medications? My present list is: Levothyroxine 125mcg, Losartan 50mg, Lansoperazole (would happily dump this again if the Taurine works!) and Senna plus for constipation, AdCal D3 and B12 (Jarrow, Methyl) and Acidophilus plus. I'm always concerned about supplementing as I already do with B12 and Acidophilus - without telling my doctors.

But this sounds so great and I hate the tinitus so much that I'm willing to give Taurine a go without bothering to ask a doctor first. I'd be really grateful for your advice on the conflicting medications issue though. My worst symptoms, apart from the SFN and ganglionopathy, are a foul taste that is constant and nothing yet has dimmed. Should I take it and the Acidophilus (Holland & Barrett ultra maximum 20 billion plus - friendly bacteria) or could these conflict/ do harm?

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote