View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 08:58 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Taurine Effectiveness, How It Works, and Drug Interactions on eMedicineHealth - Are there any interactions with medications?

This link suggests that taurine may lower blood pressure in those with hypertension. When this happens your BP drugs may become too strong for you. (I have this result from magnesium supplements). I have seen one link that suggests in some people taurine may increase stomach acid.

Taurine is a nutrient and not a drug. It normalizes processes that use it for keeping the body working well.

I doubt that many mainstream doctors know anything about it.

Stay under the 3 grams a day dose, daily. I'd start at 500mg a day and perhaps raise to 1 gram later on. You may find that fixing a deficiency leads you to no longer need the drugs you already take or that you could get by with lowered doses. This is not an interaction per se, but a situation where your original conditions are being fixed. So you should monitor your blood pressure, and thyroid functions to see if they change.

Taking a nutrient like this does not work quickly like potent drugs do. It took me about a week to notice my tinnitus was down considerably--about 80%. There are times during the day it bounces back some, usually at night. So I am adding in 500mg more during the late afternoon now.

There is alot more information available now on the net about taurine compared to what was there only 5 yrs ago. So keep your eyes on the net about it. Medical information is very fluid and changeable...about everything!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote