View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 04:27 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kservello View Post
Hello all, I have been researching ketamine treatments and can't seem to find anything about it being done as an in-patient treatment. My PM wants to put me in ICU for a 5 day infusion. He said he has only done 5 treatments and has only had 2 patients say their pain was gone, the other three say it came back "with a vengeance". I can't understand why he is the only one doing this as in-patient?????? Has any one heard of this?
Hi kservello,

Your PM is not the only one doing this as in-patient. I may be a bit overly cautious, but I would hesitate to have this done by a doctor who has only done it on 5 patients. You may want to inquire about his training to use it. If he trained in a facility that used it frequently then that is a different matter.

I received relief from the pain of CRPS starting with an outpatient 10 day infusion. I now continue to get 2 day booster infusions every 3 months. I have had brief remissions, but the pain does return, especially close to the date of the next booster. I will not say that it returns with a vengeance, but it increases. The worst pain came when I had to wait over 5 months for a booster, but the booster took it away. It has been worth it to me. I have talked to others who have also experienced relief from the infusions. Some started with a 5 day inpatient infusion and others like me started with the 10 day outpatient.

You will find some studies on the use of ketamine at the following link:

Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles About CRPS/RSD and Related Syndromes | RSDSA

Scroll down and look for Ketamine Treatment in the right hand column.

Good Luck

Shay
Shay08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (10-22-2016), Jomar (10-22-2016), Littlepaw (10-21-2016), PurpleFoot721 (10-21-2016)