View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 06:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Frown

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAT52 View Post
As some of you know I have Sjogrens Syndrome and was told last week by my neurologist that, in her opinion I have SFN and mild gangliopathy. I forgot to tell her about the latest symptom to join the party - a very high frequency tinnitus.

Can anyone explain how this ganglionopathy can be differentiated from a vestibular disease such as Menieres? I have wondered about this for a while, especially since reading this article: Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease | Vestibular Disorders Association
My diagnosis is small fiber neuropathy/ganglionopathy and I have periodic tinnitus but no vestibular symptoms. It started shortly after starting gabapentin so I thought it may have been that medication because I read that gabapentin causes ear infections (otitis media) which I had for the first time. Even in childhood I never had ear infections. Thought the infection and tinnitus may be related but maybe not. Gabapentin is really doing a number on my brain now, I have been on it for 2 years. I was just recently diagnosed with osteoporosis as well. There seems to be a controversy about gabapentin causing bone loss so I am starting to do research in this area.
Summerfun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote