View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 03:43 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks
Oddly I tolerated well the aggressive chemotherapy for Lymphoma, which included high dosage of prednisone and I didn't have any problem to get rid of it later.

But I get tons of allergies, side effects and complications from the simpler things such as the skin biopsy, the glue of the electrodes in a sleep lab, and can't even tolerate the large amount of salt required for POTS.

I don't know whether the Plaquenil worth the risks, will have to think about it, and discuss it with my neuro when I will be there next month. I preferred to read about it and to ask here before discussing it with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Doctors are used to "managing" treatments but some are better than others. Also not all patients are perceptive enough to communicate with doctors (my husband is one of this type) and so a serious side effect may be missed by a this kind of patient.
Maybe your husband counts on your knowledge ?

If I didn't questioned, checked and rechecked every doctors' recommendations I wouldn't be alive today...
Not to mention the amount of efforts and time (years) it took me to find a doctor who took the autoimmune options seriously, diagnosed the SFN and let me get a real immunological treatment that finally makes a difference and gives me hope.

Last year a rheumi told me I've got two problems, the first is that I know too much, and the second is my medical problem. Later she said that I need to take X and that she doesn't want to hear what I've to say about it.
Well.... this was the last time I went to her...
I found a much better rheum knowledgeable and emphatic..
stillHoping is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (10-23-2016), glenntaj (10-24-2016), mrsD (10-23-2016)