Thread: It's tough
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 05:05 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile

Hello Arian: Welcome to NeuroTalk! I hope you find the time you spend here to be of benefit. (I've only recently joined NT myself. I am a more active member on NT's sister-website... PsychCentral.) You know, from my perspective, it would be inappropriate for me to even suggest a possible diagnosis. Mental health diagnosis is a job for mental health professionals: psychiatrists, psychologists & mental health therapists. I will say, though, that what you describe in your post does not sound like schizophrenia to me. It sounds more like a lot of fear & anxiety.

I have struggled with my own mental health problems for many years. (I'm an older person now.) I can recall, when I was young, having a lot of the same sorts of fears you have. (By the way, I was bullied, both verbally & physically throughout high school.)

Despite my own lifetime of mental health struggles I don't know a lot about psychology & mental health diagnosis. One thing I do know is that trying to diagnose yourself via the internet can be a frightening experience. One can see glimpses of oneself in all sorts of scary diagnosis descriptions. This does not necessarily mean that one could in fact actually be diagnosed, by a mental health professional, as having that particular condition.

I'm not surprised your research has made you ever more sad. I know you wrote you have not had the guts to talk with a doctor, or perhaps even your parents (?) about this. However, you're clearly struggling with what you're experiencing. And so, having the opportunity to talk all of this through, perhaps with a counselor or mental health therapist of some sort, might help you to figure out what's going on & what you can do about it.

I'm not sure what more I can say at this point. I do think it's going to be important for you to work through all of this in some way or other. Writing about what's going on with you can help. So please keep posting here on NT. There are lots of caring & supportive members here. I wish you well...