View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 05:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Elaine,

If I may ask do you see a pattern where this happens early in the morning or when you go to bed? If so you may be having myoclonic seizures. When I was taking Neurontin (gabapentin) it made my seizures much worse to the point where I would be out of it for 30 min. if not longer. I later found out the drug co. is being sued for millions because this drug can cause seizures for people who have never had seizures in their life. This may be the problem you are having. I found taking vimpat stopped the jerking around I was having like you mentioned. I took Depakene yrs. ago for my seizures also and it worked great for me but the drug can cause anorexia where a person will either gain or lose weight. I lost 70 lbs. in 4 months and I was eating normally. Also you have to watch your blood platlet level along with your liver while taking Depakene it can lower the platlet level causing enteral bleeding for a person and if it gets into the liver there will be serious problems.
You may want to try taking vimpat like I mentioned it stopped the myoclonic jerks I was having and all of that can come from a tumor, infection in the brain and much more. My advice is for you to see an Epileptologist these Drs. specialize in epilepsy and can find out for sure what's going on and put you on the least amount of med. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Skeezyks (01-19-2017)