View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 11:57 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Matrix Repatterning Therapy

My daughter suffered a severe concussion Dec 2014. She had 3 total in 15 months. The effects were catastrophic. Severe migraines that put her in bed for a week at a time or longer, severe depression, completely flat affect, vision processing and vestibular problems, etc. We went to "the best of the best" healthcare providers including a cutting edge traumatic brain injury clinic in our city. After exhausting all of our standard medical options and therapies we started trying alternatives. These included craniosacral therapy, acupuncture, functional neurological therapy, massage therapy, etc.
I stumbled upon a reference to Matrix Repatterning Therapy in the appendix of The Brain's Way of Healing by Dr. Norman Doidge. There are only 7 practitioners in the U.S. and one of them is in my city.
Starting April 2016 my daughter had a total of 9 sessions and at this point is 95% healed. It was like watching a miracle in slow motion. Each week we saw undeniable changes. In March she missed 50% of her school days and could not do any homework. She slept 16 hours per day and had a 24/7 migraine. 7 months and 9 treatments later she is a freshman in college, biology/ pre-med, lives in a dorm and hasn't missed 1 class. She even joined a sorority!
Bottom line: THERE IS HOPE! Not every therapy is right for every patient but don't stop trying. Even when we were getting nowhere, we kept pushing for the next thing. It gave her something to look forward to and a place to pin her hopes. Don't stop until you find your miracle too.
Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Thanks , If anyone has another therapy to add , please do so and share your information & experiences.
jeninchan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote