View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 08:30 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

My neuro says my TN is not typical but to keep taking the Tegretol as needed.

It's gotten worse this past week and I've been taking the maximum dose. Makes me tired and even more off balance than I already am but I'll take it over the electric shock pain.

I have to eat only on the left side of my mouth and make sure my teeth on the right side don't touch. Makes for l-o-n-g mealtimes.

And forget using a straw. Any pulling I do with the muscles around my mouth sets it off big time. I have to drink very slowly on the left corner of my mouth.

Can't rub the right side of my nose or the right corner of my mouth without setting off fireworks of shocks that literally bring me to my knees. I am just soooo tired of all this.

And now I have another issue.....plantar fasciatis in my right foot. The whole right side of my body is messed up! Yet I just had an MRI and it was unchanged from the last one I had and no new lesions!! Wish I could be a little more excited about that.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (10-26-2016)