View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 10:33 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAT52 View Post
Hi All - trying hard not to panic as I'm away up on my old island home where small local hospital isn't good -as I discovered last year! So I posted recently about Tinnitus and I'm doing as MrsD suggested and taking Taurine -day 4 on 500mgs. So far nothing has changed but I'll keep trying.

Meanwhile I'm feeling increasingly terrible - bouts of nausea mixed with chest tightness, weakness and ache in arms, bone pain in legs, gastritis, breathlessness and a "feeling of impending doom", usually a side effect of certain drugs such as Tramadol for me. Not on anything new at all apart from Taurine and this started before taking it.

The tinnitus is raging and I have become totally oversensitive to certain sounds such as children shouting and clattering of plates and places with echo sound effects or certain sounds on tv. I've never been good with loud noises but today it all became impossibly aggravating and I ended up with hands over ears when eating out with my husband. Even the canned music in the supermarket made me feel sick. I'm totally fatigued so end up back in bed all the time resting my arms on soft pillows. My mouth and nose are full of horrible parasthesia and tightness even more than usual.

So what is happening to me? - can anyone advise if this sounds neurological or vestibular or is it just some kind of anxiety that I'm unaware of?
For me these symptoms are all part of my neuropathy. Usually is worse when my gastroparesis is worse.

Are you constipated? Also, do you have a muscle relaxer? I get spasms in my ears and the nerve stuff in my face is terrible when my traps are tight. Also it helps with the vertigo feeling.

Do you have low bp? Make sure you are having a lot of salt to help hypovolemia. Sometimes I drink pedialyte.
All those little nerves in the ears can cause terrible vestibular symtoms.

You could also try lying flat on your back on the bed and let your head hand slightly off toward the floor. It might help with the dizziness.

I know how all of this feels. IT is absolutely terrible.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote