View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 12:39 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAT52 View Post
The tinnitus is raging and I have become totally oversensitive to certain sounds such as children shouting and clattering of plates and places with echo sound effects or certain sounds on tv. I've never been good with loud noises but today it all became impossibly aggravating and I ended up with hands over ears when eating out with my husband. Even the canned music in the supermarket made me feel sick. I'm totally fatigued so end up back in bed all the time resting my arms on soft pillows. My mouth and nose are full of horrible parasthesia and tightness even more than usual.

So what is happening to me? - can anyone advise if this sounds neurological or vestibular or is it just some kind of anxiety that I'm unaware of?
I had tinnitus for a year and suffered from hyperacusis for a few days at the peak of my miserable symptoms. It sounded like someone was shouting in left ear with a megaphone. Mine is both neurological and vestibular. Some days when I walk, it feels like the floor is a sponge.

I couldn't go out into crowed spaces, I couldn't watch anything intense or loud on TV, and I also purchased a white noise box to use while I was sleeping. Do your best to try an ignore it. If you fixate on it, the symptoms will seem worse. Easier said that done, I know, because living in this situation is incredibly distressing.

Get into an ENT for an assessment and hopefully they refer you to a vestibular PT or even offer some medications to help this situation.
madisongrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote