View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 06:05 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Tooth #14 concerns, Bryanna can you take a look?

Hi Byranna,

I have new concerns since my son has had problems for at least 8-10 years with sinus infections related to dental issues with all of his maxillary molars. He is planning to have a crown (temp) placed on tooth #14 next Mon. However, he also expressed that there is a lot of pain/pressure in that area and that is why he wants to get this taken care of as soon as possible. I think a crown would just make it worse. Since my wife and I already issues over the years with root canals (and I know how you feel about these), this will probably come up as a treatment option in conjunction with a new crown. Can you take a look at a new PA x-ray of this area and of a digital picture about 1 year ago (#15 was already extracted last year) taken just before a sizeable filling was replaced on the distal side of the tooth. There is not much left on that side of the tooth and it almost looks like the distal root may be either cracked or split off from the tooth. There also looks to be infection or a cyst in the sinus. Can you take a look and let me know what you think. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Tooth #14 concerns, Bryanna can you take a look?-11-15-pic-jpg   Tooth #14 concerns, Bryanna can you take a look?-14a-jpg   Tooth #14 concerns, Bryanna can you take a look?-14b-jpg  
Doitashi62 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote