View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 04:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBased View Post
Just to let you know I was able to get a prescription for LDN through one of my former doctors and it can be filled at my local CVS, because it is for the 50mg tablets. According to the pharmacist I spoke to at CVS this is getting to be a fairly common practice. Wow. (:

Edit: update, the prescription was sent not to CVS, but to the local compounding pharmacy, which screwed up my betahistine in the past, sigh. Since it is a compound it is not covered by insurance. The cost is $70 for a months supply, which to me is simply outrageous.

The cost per 50mg tab of naltrexone averages about $2.50. Taking 4.5mgs per day I would need approx. 3 tabs per month, at an approx cost of $7.50 per month.

Please share your thoughts. I am open to all suggestions. I hate to continue to get LDN online, but I may be financially forced into it, but at least now I have been prescribed it.
I have no clue of what you can do about it. Different countries and all...

I once had a massive cost for my meds, Neurontin wasn't insured back then, and we are a government insured (everybody is insured) country and medication usually isn't that expensive. So... it was hard. But I still shelled out the money for it, because yeah... I need the medication. That's what it all comes down to.
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (10-30-2016), Shay08 (10-29-2016)