View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 08:19 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Debi, I hope the post-massage muscle pain is better today. Be sure you always stay well hydrated after getting a massage - that will help reduce the "after effects".

I always have those same problems with the neck and shoulders, and I get regular massages that really help. The first time I went, the therapist unexpectedly wrapped my feet in a steaming hot towel (I made sure she understood to never do that again.....) For me, it doesn't directly help my PN pain, but it indirectly helps by reducing my anxiety/stress.

I know they say that stress doesn't actually cause SFN, but mine came on just as I was going through the most stressful time in my life. It wasn't until I found ways to really manage my stress/anxiety (along with other lifestyle improvements) that my symptoms improved.

If you find that the massage helps, try to find a therapist that doesn't charge a fortune so you can afford to go regularly. (Stay away from the fancy salons and spas. I found an excellent therapist who rents a space in the back of a local tanning salon. She gives me an excellent deal if I buy a "12 pack" of massages. It ends up being about 1/3 the price of going to the fancy places - but is just as good.)
Ragtop262 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (10-29-2016), St George 2013 (10-29-2016)