View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 09:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Visual Processing Question

I'm wondering what can be done to help manage this. Specifically, are there any therapies that will help the brain to gain this function back or any work around accommodations that you know of.

My biggest issue with visual processing is looking at fine details like words on a page, the busier the page, the worse it is to look at. Driving can be overwhelming if there's lots of cars to process at high speeds.

I have some auditory problems and problems with excessive stimulus as well, but those aren't as big of issue.

I can study my textbook for 15-20 minutes at a time. I most often cover up the other page not used with a piece of black paper and parts of the page currently on that aren't being read.

Reading on my kindle with larger font and bigger spacing is helpful. I can read for longer than the 15-20, which is less taxing than the studying.

I'm trying to heal my brain and slowly get back these processing abilities, but I'm also wondering what things I can do to accommodate right now and still "live life." Gradually building up and going to my limit, then backing off has been helping.

I realize that it may seem like I'm focusing on the details, and I am, but I'm also trying to understand my limitations, how to improve my health, and find workarounds for my limitations.

Thanks!
JBuckl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote