Thread: Bone graft.
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 08:40 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Bone graft.

Hi Bryanna,

I am a newbie here ( my apologies if my query has already been covered in previous posts ). I read that your replies have been helpful & educational, i thought of sharing my own issues and maybe ask some questions too

I lost my 4 upper incisors 20 years ago, in 2014 i decided to have 4 implants on those missing teeth. I have been going to my dentist ( overseas ) for implant procedure since 2014. She put in 2 implants on 2 lateral and bone graft to prepare implants for central incisors. I came back every six months but each time, the dentist would only add bonegraft saying my gums are still not ready. October this year, i came back to the dentist again, she tried to screw in 2 implants for the central incisors but she said my gums are still too soft and the implants are not stable, she took out the implants and added human bone and told me to wait another 6 months to heal. When i checked the gums, there's a big hole. I came back to my dentist to ask why there's a hole, she told me the bones are still growing and they should tighten up in months time.

But it is so creepy, freaking me out, whenever i lift my lip, i see a big hole.

What do you think? Is it normal ?

Thank you,
Fridy
Fridy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote