Thread: It's official
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 09:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
CRPSbe,

Here is an article on the use of Phenoxybenzamine in CRPS. I have not dug up the one on CRPS without pain but it was specific to patients with the autonomic dysfunction/discoloration/swelling after orthopedic injury/surgery. The TREND consortium out of the Netherlands also had written about CRPS without pain at one point, citing it as "rare". We do have at least one member with this situation who's been here for a long time and primarily has motor dysfunction.

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/arp/2013/978615/

CRPS is a spectrum with varying presentations and outcomes. People CAN get better, not always fully, but they do improve. There is no reason to assume Haywired will have pain that intensifies and "settles".

There is plenty of doomsday info out there on CRPS. However, you can also find stories of hope and research based reasons to believe in improvement. I have found for myself that it is better for me emotionally and physically to focus on hope. A persistent dedication to the improvement I firmly believed would come (and slowly did) helped me through many a dark night.

Hang in there Haywired. The cases that were not long lasting and not severe are probably not staying on a forum. Will you recover completely? no one can say, but I sure hope so. Take good care of yourself, keep a clean diet, practice mindfulness, exercise to get that circulation working better and get well! We are here if you need us.
I only told about *my personal experience* with a similar medication. That's all. I'm allowed to do that, surely?
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Shay08 (10-30-2016)