Thread: It's official
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 12:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Absolutely. I'm sure your intention is to be supportive and I believe input is valuable whether a treatment worked or didn't. I only became concerned by your statement below which could be interpreted as a prediction for a worsening outcome.

"If you are early-stage, then the pain isn't that intense as it can get, but once the pain has a chance to "settle", you'll *feel* it, TRUST ME on that"!

It is possible pain could come and even stay. But surely projecting that doesn't help Haywired when it isn't even present now. Added stress and worry increases adrenal activity, only adding more aggravating compounds to the mix, a good thing to avoid when possible. If the CRPS is addressed now through first line treatments of PT then hopefully Haywired will improve instead of getting worse.

I am exiting now. Headed to the gym for some of that pool workout I am always harping about.
It is a fact that CRPS needs to be treated well and early, or else the pain can settle and become chronic and you can't get it out anymore. That's just factual.

Not that I ever mean to scare anyone, but it just goes to show how fast you need to find a good physician that is willing to actively tackle this.

Just... you know, the basics of the condition. Everyone can look that up. And better that someone informs you of this than a terrible outcome and an "if only I had known then".
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (10-29-2016)