View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 02:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi JBuckl,

I'm 5 years post concussion and have been lurking on neuro talk for a few years now but I've never posted. Some of your recent posts have made me respond because I feel like what we are going through is similar. I'm 20 years old and I was injured playing rugby and mostly stuggle with light/sound sensitivity and reading processing plus auditory processing. But my new treatments that I have been doing, I feel have been significantly helping with these issues.

I started vision therapy a few months ago (I can't remember if you have tried that yet), but I am noticing huge improvements to my overstimulation from reading. For example, if I feel I'm getting fatigued and overstimulated, I can pay attention to my eye movements and make sure I'm moving them in the way I move them for my exercises and it will get rid of my overstimulation. My optometrist also recommends that when studying, you should put a bookmark 2 pages ahead of where you are reading and when you get there spend 20seconds staring at the wall and then continue and repeat. She also gave me a slightly lens with a magnification in it so it eases the strain on my eyes when reading. This might help have the same effect as you reading on your kindle with larger letters.

I'm also doing a noise desensitization program for noise sensitivity and will be starting rehab for auditory procession disorder soon. When I have more to say about these treatments I will post on here about them. I think the noise desensitization is working but it's too early to tell for sure.

In the mean time, I would love to talk to you about your experience because I do believe what we are going through is similar and it's always good to hear from someone who understands. So feel free to PM me at any time
ConcussedButHopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JBuckl (10-29-2016)