Thread: It's official
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 09:20 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

The existence of chronic CRPS wasn't disputed. I'm there myself, but fall in the camp of having made many improvements. Also I suppose it will always be possible to point to an instance where a treatment won't work or can't be done or even considered. But that was not the point of my posts.

I was trying (as always) to welcome someone new and provide hope and positive information to that person. And with reason, since odds are in their favor for at least some recovery. I have ended up (again, sadly) feeling I have to defend my position and the new member to a degree and even things like phenoxybenzamine which was discredited without any citation. None of that is why I responded to Haywired. I am here wanting to help. It was pointed out that our forum is more thoughtful and supportive than others out there. I think this is a wonderful and highly valuable thing.

I remember how very, very frightened I was when I first got here. How I felt alone and out of control, not knowing what the future would bring. I remember it was the kindness of others, even those who'd suffered with CRPS a long time, that helped me through that difficult time. And by holding on to other's words "you are not alone" "we're with you" "sorry" "x,y, and z helped me" "read this article on outcomes" I was able to navigate and have patience as I slowly made gains. I enjoy giving that to others, it adds meaning to my own journey. I'd like that to be an easy thing for me to do. As it is I am now tired and we are (again) terribly off topic.

Welcome again to Haywired. Feel free to PM me when you've done some posting. I wish you well and truly have faith that you're going to make it through.

Hugs to all. I am taking a break and turning in for the night.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (10-29-2016), PurpleFoot721 (10-30-2016), Shay08 (10-30-2016)