View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 07:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
I don't think supplements are designed to be a quick remedy but the normal regimen should be fine. An anti-inflammatory that does not thin blood should be OK. Tylenol/acetaminophen/paracetamol is suggested. Ice the injury site. 15 minutes on, 15 to 30 off. There is no consensus about fish oil in high amounts because it is a blood thinner. Some say take 4 or 5 capsules a day for the first week or two (Dr Lewis is not specific). Others are concerned about thinning blood in case of a bleed.

If you are already taking a good regimen, you should be about as good as you can.

Some B-12 and a B-50 Complex should be good.(not B Complex or Super B Complex)

I wonder if this was a concussion or rather a head bump that just caused a goose egg. What immediate concussion symptoms did you experience ?
I didn't have any immediate symptoms. It just happened and it took me a second to gather what happened. I have pain where it hit and a large bump. I was walking up a hill with my head down and started to look up when I walked/raised my head into a horizontal beam of a deck. I didn't have immediate symptoms after my last head hit tho either.
ConcussedEngineer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote