View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 12:22 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Seth,

Just for myself, I have decided not to return to competitive sports. Even though that is not how I got hurt, it is not worth the risk to me. But I was just amateur, not professional or anything. I love playing sports - it's one of my favorite things to do and probably the thing I was most skilled at doing. I realize now I have to find new favorite things to do and try to get better at those

I am not basing this on any real knowledge or statistics, but road bike racing seems really dangerous to me and may have a high chance of head injury. I think you also have to think about your family and responsibilities too. Is it worth it for them if you were to sustain another injury?

Just some things to think about.

Persisting Problems:
fatigue, dizziness, lightheadedness, vestibular balance and vision problems, vision static, tinnitus, hearing loss, slight sensitivity to noise, sometimes the insomnia comes back, sensitivity to stress, exercise intolerance, emotional problems - But I still have much to be thankful for.
RidingRollerCoaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote