View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 04:32 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Fridy,

You are welcome.

Unfortunately, I do not know of anyone in particular that I could refer you to in Sydney. FYI, I am in the US.

Your case is complicated because the dentist has attempted to provide you with nothing shy of heroic dentistry considering that those upper front teeth were removed 20 years ago. This type of heroic dental surgery frequently comes with its own set of complications, but each case is unique in of itself.

Is your dentist a general dentist?

Did she inform you of the risks and accelerated failure rate associated with this specific type of dentistry?

Whoever you end up consulting with about your case will be careful not to say or do anything that could be interpreted negatively against their peer who performed the surgery. So it would behoove you to give them the impression you are very concerned about the STABILITY and LONGEVITY of this dental work and would like their opinion if it would be a better option to rethink this treatment plan. On the other side of the coin ... if you give them the impression that you are completely set on having dental implants and that you want to keep the lateral implants and move forward with central implants no matter what ... they will likely not offer you much information and just tell you to go back to her.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (11-07-2016)