View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 09:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon mark View Post
how would you describe physical numbness.. The toes on both my feet I would say are numb.. Yet I have full feeling in them.. I don't have tingling or the " numb feeling you get when your foot falls asleep.. Very hard to describe what I'm feeling.. It's kind of like when your toes would be waterlogged and prunny ..when I press my toes on the floor I feel it more.. I hear people talk about numbness a lot.. But it is a vague term..
Quote:
Originally Posted by janieg View Post
In three of my toes on my right foot I have "altered sensation." I heard it best described by a neurologist online who equate it to feeling like your socks are bunched up. When it first started, I was constantly checking for this just that...my socks being bunched up between my toes.

Sometimes when I'm flaring it spreads to above my ankle, and it feels like my whole foot is wrapped in plastic wrap...or something like that.

At no point do I lose feeling in them. I can pass a pin prick test. If anything, I feel more than I should versus less.
Amazing! Both of these(in red) are exactly how I first described my numbness to my doctor.

Of course, my PN is "idiopathic"...:shrug: I originally theorized that Cryoglobulinemia was the culprit. But, I've cleared my Hep C infection, and thus the possible source of the Cryoglobulinemia, but the numbness persists.
tnthomas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
janieg (11-03-2016), St George 2013 (11-01-2016)