View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 12:08 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I'm sorry I have taken a few days to respond, I've been busy.

I think that my diet and everything is pretty good. I try and have 3 meals a day and all that. As for caffeine, I have a cup of coffee in the morning, but I mostly drink herbal tea, so I don't think I drink too much.

My problem is I just get obsessed with a health issue, and can't shake it. I've been looking over the forum, and I'm basically going through everything that the user Minimac was. I'd message him to see how he stopped worrying, but it says he hasn't been on in over a year.

The anxiety always starts when I bump my head accidentally, and then I'll try and reassure myself that it was nothing by reenacting the event (But not actually hitting my head, just going through the motions), and then I'll worry that I re-injured myself while reenacting and it's a terrible cycle.

I hate to spill this all out on a public forum, but I really don't know what to do at this point. Years back I was on zoloft which helped, but I ended up quieting because I hated the side effects.

Additionally, would you mind if I asked you a technical question? When I reenact, I don't actually hit my head on anything, but I'll move it quickly and use my muscles to stop it, almost like half of a headbang like rockstars do. Is it possible that I could give myself a diffuse axonal injury by doing this? How many Gs would that take?

I think this is almost 100% OCD at this point, with the obsession being brain injuries, and the compulsion being reenacting.
J0HN_TIT0R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote