View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 07:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Where to go in CT-NY-Northeast USA?

I am seronegative for everything they have ever tested me for, despite symptoms that match several conditions to a "T" (like I could have written the description for some of these conditions myself). MG is one of them. My ophthalmologist is certain I have it (not just in my eyes), and when I read up on it, it was one of those "YES!!! THIS IS IT!!!" moments.

Local area doctors will NOT diagnose ANYTHING without a lab report telling them to. They either say, "great! it's not this, your blood test says so," or, "go see someone else". I have been to so many someone-else's, who only send me on to someone else again. Sometimes I have been passed in a big circle. Round and round I go.

I am an hour and a half outside of New York city. Three from Boston. NJ, eastern PA are easily within reach as well.

Can anyone recommend a place to go where there is a doctor/team of doctors that will actually DO something, and get this right? Who won't just send me on to someone else because I'm "complicated" and they don't want the risk or to put in the effort?

(btw, not Yale. Been there, got blown off. More than once (different problems). Yale is just a reputation, no longer deserved. Common opinion among us locals.)
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FREDH (11-17-2016)