View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 07:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairi View Post
Hi, I've just had an MRI on my shoulders which shows moderate grade subacromial/subdeltoid bursitis and additional tendinitis in the left. I use a manual wheelchair. I've been having physio weekly for 3 months & take NSAIDs daily since 2013. I do regular exercises prescribed by the physio. I guess I'm thinking how things would go if I had shoulder surgery - I'm already looking at power assist wheels. My RSD is in my legs and back after surgeries but so far nothing in my arms, and my fear is that surgery will bring it on, but by the same token this pain is on par than the RSD.

Had anyone has any experience as either a wheelchair user or had their RSD spread to another region after surgery in that area/limb?

Cheers all
Mairi

CRPS, osteoarthritis, failed spinal surgery, migraines, L3 spina bifida occulta, extra lumbar vertebra L6. Quickie Q7 chair user, training assistance dog Ivy, mum of 2 sons, 3 cats, 3 chooks, 3 foxes. 1997 C section, bilat carpal tunnel decompression, 2000 C section, 2010 L5 microdiscection, 2012 L5-L6 ALIF, 2013 L6-S1 ALIF, 2016 L lateral cuboid cuniform fusion.
Did they propose the surgery to you already, or are you just a little fearful for the future?

Mine was in both legs fully already, before I had knee surgery. And it got progressively worse in both legs equally, which was odd. Anyway, my knee had to be fixed! I have chronic, recalcitrant, RSD in both legs.

It later spread to both arms but that part is still treatable.

I wish you all the best. Surgery or no. Can anything be done with PT, rest, and medicine?
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote