View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 10:00 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default A few IME questions

Hi, I am new to this forum but have found reading old posts immensely helpful. I'm suffering from PCS but getting better slowly. I have my first IME scheduled in a few weeks and will have hopefully made a partial recovery by then. Many of you have been through this, and since I am pretty anxious about this, hearing other experiences/insights would be very helpful to me.

1) If the IME declares me fit to go back to work (which I likely will not be, but based on other people's accounts I expect that's what the IME will declare), what happens then? Do I need to go back to work the very next day? Can I call in sick, or take vacation days (I Have a lot of those saved up) while I continue to recover? Or will my employer point to the WC IME and say that I have been declared fit and must return? I have a challenging job (which I love), but being at partial recovery won't cut it.

2) What else should I expect from the IME? Should I ask my husband to accompany me, and him to videotape it? Any other recommendations? I've read some horror stories online.

3) The WC adjuster has been extremely unresponsive. She has ignored almost every one of my emails and calls, even my regular post-appointment updates (and also requests for travel and medical reimbursements for small $ amounts). I've done everything right with recovery and communication. I can't tell if she's terrible at her job, or if she's ignoring me hoping that I go away or give up. But I am steadfast. Any tips here?

4) I do not have an attorney but it sounds like it's a good thing to have, especially for after the IME assessment. Are there benefits to having one before the IME?

I would be so grateful for any insight and responses. Feel free to private message me instead of posting if you prefer. Thanks!
scarter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Skeezyks (11-02-2016)