View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 01:11 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Biobased

Have you looked into using the prescription 50mg tablets of Naltrexone and disolving it in water and then taking divided liquid doses: eg 1 x 50 mg tablet = 11 x 4.5 mg doses (plus 0.5mg but I wouldn't worry about that extra small amount in solution) Add the tablet to 110mg water (= 11 x 10ml liquid doses). There is lots of information on the LDN sites about measuring and storing. This method would make it very cost effective - and your insurance might cover the prescription.

BTW - I ended up having to stop my LDN trial (re our previous discussion on LDN) - it became obvious that the LDN was suppressing my cortisol levels and as I no longer make any cortisol naturally this was an unsafe risk. I did further research and although there is little academic information on the effect of either Naltrexone or LDN on cortisol levels I did come across several articles where the effect had been observed and tested in clinical situations. This could explain why some people do not do well on LDN - if their adrenal function (ie cortisol production) is already compromised then LDN could make it worse.

I still feel trialing it was worthwhile - how else was I to find out if it might help? I'm pleased that so many are receiving benefit from it and that more research is being done for it's use in specific conditions.
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (11-04-2016), Shay08 (11-05-2016)