Thread: Feet Again
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 07:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Feet Again

My last neuro visit ended with him telling me to be very careful about my feet since I do not have all of the feeling in them that I should. I tend to get dumbstruck and don't ask the appropriate questions like how much feeling have I lost, any certain areas that I should pay special attention to, etc.
So, I've checked my feet daily since the neuro visit. What I notice is at times (not always) the soles are purplish-red instead of normal flesh color, and I have a spot on my big toe (smaller than a pencil eraser) that looks like it's deep within the tissue and is purplish in color also. I've asked to be referred to a podiatrist so that they can look at what I'm talking about, but won't get a call-back from gp office until tomorrow at best (having a chest film read to make sure my pneumonia went away so I'm sure they'll just combine the call).

Anyway, my question is should I be concerned about this spot on my toe? I'm not diabetic or pre-diabetic but since neuro cautioned me on this I want to make sure this isn't the start of a sore. Feel free to say I'm borrowing trouble on this one if thats the case. I've just never paid that much attention to the tootsies...maybe this kind of thing is common. Thanks
possumtrot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote