View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 01:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay08 View Post
I hope that you get some good suggestions from grandparents and parents with CRPS. I know I sometimes wonder how parents with CRPS manage. I do know that many have a lot of help from their parents.

It would really be the responsibility of your children to make sure that they constantly run interference for you at least during those difficult years when children just don't understand the difference between gentle and "overly enthusiastic." Another suggestion would be to sit behind a table or desk to at least protect your lower body from any bumps, thumps, or hard squeezes.

At the same time try to remember that there will be only a short time period when the child/children will be at a tough stage. You should be able to enjoy the early infancy stage and hopefully your family will understand how important it is to protect you until the little ones can understand how they must treat you.

I hope that you and your family can come to an understanding about your needs so that you can enjoy being a grandparent.

Gentle hugs,
Shay
I'm one who gets a lot of help from her parents. My parents take care of me, if and when I need it (on demand). I love that. I live in a studio-apt. beneath them, and so during the day the doors are open and I just have to call out for some help. It's amazing.

They are in their 70s though, so... at some point I'm going to need a different solution.

Yes, I agree so much with what Shay says. They only stay little for so long, and a 3 year old can understand "easy" and "don't hurt" and "be careful around grandpa or grandma". So...
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote