View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default New to NeuroTalk

Hi,
I am not new to neurological conditions after having a shingles outbreak with post-herpetic pain and a lumbar fusion that failed with multiple herniated disks. Last Friday I added to my list of neurological insults. I feel so stupid but I was going to roll the garden hose up on the stand. My husband had put a long 8 inch brass adapter on the end to clean the gutters and left it draped over the privacy fence. I was on the patio two feet below the top of the fence, pulled on the hose too forcefully and the brass adapter flew over the fence and hit me right in the middle of my face. I sustained a non-displaced nasal fracture, bled like crazy, almost passed out but was fortunately caught by my husband who ran around the corner. I went to Urgent Care for facial films. Follow up with my primary diagnosed a concussion. Yesterday, one week post injury, I had a CT as my symptoms were getting worse and it showed no signs of bleeding or mass effect. I have been miserable though. Headaches, which I have never really had, frontal and occipital, neck pain, memory problems, and feeling like I'm in an altered state all the time. I am hoping this is early in the game and things improve but hope to find some support and possible ways to deal with this change. I was hiking two to three times a week and now have no energy or balance to allow that activity and am very depressed with the loss of my favorite activity and hiking pals.
So, here I am. Hope this isn't too long of an intro but feel like I can't complain at home and really concerned about family knowing how bad my memory and cognitive functions are currently.
HikerJan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Skeezyks (11-06-2016)